Toko Aviatik Berg DI 1/72 scale

Home Forums Aircraft Toko Aviatik Berg DI 1/72 scale

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by modelmonkey modelmonkey 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
March 14, 2015 at 4:52 am #25754
modelmonkey
modelmonkey

a new project to replace the Tamiya Skyray, part of the 20 models in 20 weeks building program.

The box art

the scheme I will build

Decals

The p/e for rigging

3 holes drilled for the rudder and elevator wires

Instrament panel

the engine

the kit, flash and all

this plane is cool too!

More to come as the build goes on….. on paper, this is a 3 week project.

March 20, 2015 at 12:32 pm #25755
modelmonkey
modelmonkey

Work continues on the Berg, cockpit is partially installed, the decaling started with that nice camo print.

I was wondering where the machine guns were on the kit sprue, well, I found them molded to each side of the fuselage…… yuk, add a barrel once it is glued up. I guess it will be ok once it is glued together.

some reinforcement for the instrument panel and real bulkhead were added.

some generic German instruments decals were added to the panel.

OK, let the fun begin!! As you can see, the decals are oversize when applied and will need to be trimmed once dry.

The three “bumps” in the back are where control cables will exit the fuselage to the elevators and rudder.

Underside of the wings were painted, hopefully to let the ribs show thru….

And then POW, the upper wing camo shattered!! It started to curl up when it hit the water and dumbass touched it which probably caused the tearing. I should have went with my instinct and cut it into smaller segments to apply it. Crap…..

Well, morning comes and the upper wing doesn’t look as bad as yesterday. It might turn out ok, we’ll see.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.