Hi everyone

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by interstellarmodeler interstellarmodeler 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Author Posts
Author Posts
December 3, 2013 at 8:29 pm #25371
interstellarmodeler
interstellarmodeler

I found out about your club from the flyer I picked up at Discount Hobby Warehouse advertising the Winterfest contest. My name is Oggie and I’m a long time model builder. My interest is mainly in sci-fi kits. As you know life has a way of making you put hobbies on the backburner but I’ve tried to sneak in a few when I could through the years. My kids are getting older now and am finding a little more time for myself. With all the new exciting kits coming out from companies like Polar Lights, Moebius and Pegasus I’ve really gotten back into the hobby.

I’ve tried to expand my building skills by getting into airbrushing and some LED lighting. I’ve learned a lot of techniques from watching youtube videos and have been inspired by the many masters that are out there. I’ve even posted my own youtube vids under the name interstellarmodeler. So…it’s great to see that there’s a group of people locally who share my interest in this great hobby. I occasionally post things on forums for Scifimodelaction and starshipmodeler.com. I look forward to participating in this forum too and possibly Winterfest. Not sure I have enough time to attend any meetings just yet. Anyway…hello everyone!

Leave time for the fun things in life

December 4, 2013 at 9:13 am #25374
bigobear
bigobear

Hi Interstellermodelr,

Welcome to the site. I predominantly do Sci-Fi and military aircraft. When I do Sci-fi kits I love giving them life with lights. I would love to see some of your stuff.

December 6, 2013 at 4:47 am #25376
interstellarmodeler
interstellarmodeler

Hey Bigobear. I’ve got a few things on Photobucket:

http://s1318.photobucket.com/user/interstellarmodeler/library/?sort=3&page=0

Also a bunch of videos on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdKX2vmBJrMBBmNhMmvOmaw

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

O

December 7, 2013 at 1:14 pm #25381
bigobear
bigobear

your stuff looks great. are u gonna make it this sun to the meeting?

December 10, 2013 at 11:11 pm #25382
interstellarmodeler
interstellarmodeler

thanks for the kind words and the invite. My next few Sundays are occupied with holiday happenings so I don’t think I’ll be available in December. Possibly Jan.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.